Thursday, August 27, 2009

Healthy change

what i've learnt today:
1. there are people who drink 20 liters of water a day ( from Karen Gibson's lecture) - my diagnosis: they definitely have a drinking problem :/
2. After 2 months, Yanni and I discovered that his surname is Lu. Or Loooo. Whatever. Haha.
3. As much as I hate communication assignment, it actually helps to take my Hx taking to the next level!
4. Always trust that Ben Lai WILL cross the road even if the light is green and a gigantic bus is approaching. it's the kind of adrenalin rush you would *literally* die for.
5. Dior poison is no longer made in 100ml bottle:(
6. Brumby's butterless banana cake is made with SKIM MILK!!! --> the more reason to love it

My "pizzata"
a combination between pizza and frittata, a delicious option for low carb diet!
What's in it? sausage, chicken, green peas, tomato, celery, carrot, zucchini, cheddar, mozarella, fetta cheese, eggs ( My Italian roommate totally condemned me for adding meat into the classic frittata but well, my theory of savoury food is that they have to contain some animal proteins:D)
I also like to chop things up into cubes/ slices when im on my low carb diet because it allows me to measure the number of servings i'm having. For some weird reason,I tend to eat less when things are all chopped up !?! (i.e i can eat 2 steaks, but only 1 bowl of minestrone)
The wonder of this dish is that you can use all those little portions of leftover vege/ meat that dont really make a meal on their own, but definitely add up to a nutritious dinner. Make sure you don't overload on the meat ( i used a sausage and a chicken thigh fillet for 3 servings) because eggs already have pretty high protein content.
Creamy baked rice WITHOUT creme
On the topic of healthy eating, I've found an awesome way to make creamy rice/pasta without using the fattening creme. The secret lies in just 1 whisked egg, some low fat milk + a sauce base. Trust me, you probably can't tell the difference:)

My favourite breakfast/snack /yoghurt add-ins.
Medball tomorrow (:

What's on my shopping list today:
bangles for the sari i'm wearing to medball
perfume - no real purpose except I really liked it(:

No comments:

Post a Comment